13978 Potts Creek Road, Paint Bank, Virginia 24131
Tax Map/Parcel Identification Nos. 20 A 10, 20 A 11, 20 A 11B, 20 A 12
CRAIG COUNTY, VA
In execution of a credit line deed of trust dated September 14, 2017 (the “Deed of Trust”), recorded in the Office of the Circuit Court of Craig County, Virginia, as Instrument No. 170000518 (Book 206, Page 101), the undersigned substitute Trustees, any or all of whom may act, will offer for sale in front of the Craig County Courthouse, 182 Main Street, New Castle, Virginia, on November 4, 2023, at 10:00 o’clock a.m., property located at or near 13978 Potts Creek Road, Paint Bank, Craig County, Virginia, which property is more particularly described as follows:
All those three (3) certain tracts or parcels of real property, situate in Craig County, Virginia, containing 164.314 acres, more or less, and being comprised of Parcel A, containing 67.836 acres, more or less, Parcel B, 21.25 acres, more or less, and Parcel C, 75.328 acres, more or less, as more particularly shown upon that certain J. Brad Smith, LS, survey of said Tracts, dated May-June 2015 and of record in the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Craig County, Virginia, in Deed Book 198, at pages 478 and 479, and further being Parcels I, II, and III conveyed unto Judith Smith Bess by Karen Smith Denny, et ux., by Deed dated December 15, 2015, and of record in Craig County Deed Book 198, at page 482.
Parcel C subsequently was subdivided into Tax Map Nos. 20 A 11 and 20 A 11B. These two tracts will be sold as one (1) parcel.
This sale is subject to all liens, easements, restrictions, conditions, and reservations of record affecting the title to the property hereinabove described, to the extent any of them have priority over the lien of the Deed of Trust.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE:
- AUCTION: Substitute Trustee has employed The Counts Realty & Auction Group (“Auction Company”). The successful bidder will be required to execute a Memorandum of Trustee’s Sale outlining additional terms of sale and settlement that will be available for review prior to the announcement of sale. Settlement within thirty (30) days of sale.
- DEPOSIT: A bidder’s deposit of $15,000.00 per tract in certified funds (cash, cashier’s or certified check made payable to Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC) required.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements made on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale or the property.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: A 10% buyer’s premium will be in effect on day of sale that is added to the high bid amount to determine the contract sales price.
- “AS-IS”, “WHERE-IS”: The property is being sold “AS-IS”, “WHERE-IS”. Potential buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the property as they deem necessary.
- ADVERTISEMENTS: All information provided by Auction Company and Substitute Trustee is deemed reliable but is not warranted. Information contained in the brochure and any advertisements by Auction Company are subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by Auction Company or Substitute Trustee.
- REPRESENTATION: Auction Company and its representatives represent the party foreclosing on the property.
- BID INCREMENTS: Auction Company reserves the right to set bid increments and to establish the bid sequences for the order of the sale and/or to change both. Lienholders reserve the right to bid at the sale.
- LINES ON PHOTOGRAPHS: Any property lines drawn on the photographs in the marketing materials are not exact. Refer to the title documents found in the land records for the actual property lines.
Employees, directors and officers of Farm Credit of the Virginias, ACA, and their immediate family and companies in which they have an interest are not eligible under federal regulations to purchase this property at foreclosure.
Bryson J. Hunter, Peter M. Pearl, and Brian H. Richardson, Substitute Trustees
For Information Contact:
Bryson J. Hunter
Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC
P.O. Box 90
Roanoke, Virginia 24002