Pam Dudding Contributing writer
For months now, people have been anxiously awaiting the grand opening of the Lemon Hotel. On July 13, they announced their opening day of July 20 and already they are getting requests on their website.
Located in Paint Bank, Virginia, it is one building which is easy to locate with its lively yellow color.
The Mulheren family are the owners and have brought the hotel “back to its original splendor,” they shared. “It is a slice of Heaven nestled in the mountains of Virginia.”
As people drive up to the hotel, they are welcomed by the delightful lemon-yellow appearance, and the rocking chairs on the porches seem to call out for their guests to “relax for a spell.”
However, some may prefer to sit in an adirondack chair by the creek or enjoy happy hour by the open firepit.
The Lemon Hotel has six unique bedrooms and suites, each “exquisitely decorated with curated antiques and collectibles and has a different theme to reflect various fruits grown on the property.”
Every suite offers its own flair, decorated with “curated antiques and collectibles,” and most include king-size or queen beds, sitting rooms with queen-size sofa bed, flatscreen TV, robes, slippers, hairdryers and daily housekeeping.
They added that each suite has a different theme to reflect various fruits grown on the property:
- Blueberry Suite: located on the first floor and is handicap accessible with views of the valley, orchard and garden
- Pear Suite: located at the top of the stairs in the front of the hotel with views of Potts Creek and the picnic area
- Apple Suite: located in the back of the hotel with a desk in the sitting room and a relaxing soaking tub with views of the orchard, vegetable garden and the valley
- Strawberry Suite: located on the west side of the hotel and looks out on the banks of Potts Creek, Linton Pond and picnic area
- Peach Room: quietly tucked in the west side of the hotel and has access to the sitting porch and patio with views of Potts Creek, the firepit and the beautiful mountains
- Grape Room: located in the back of the hotel with a comfortable sitting porch and overlooks the vegetable garden, the Chick Inn, with views of the valley
All reservations include a delicious breakfast from Chef Lynette’s daily selections, which are sourced from their own or local ingredients. You can enjoy their dining room or outside patio.
“Breakfast starts with a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice, accompanied by French Press coffee, followed by a plate of fresh seasonal fruits. You can then choose from our daily offerings such as: three farm fresh eggs your way with bacon or sausage links; thick cut French toast, pancakes with butter and warm maple syrup; the quiche or frittata of the day; eggs benedict and many more,” hotel management said.
Each room is supplied with a booklet of “Day Trips In and About the Paint Bank Area”, which contains detailed information about things to do. The Hotel is a smoke-free facility, and no pets are allowed.
US Cellular is the only cell service available in Paint Bank, however, Wi-Fi is available at the Lemon Hotel and the Swinging Bridge Restaurant for all guests.
The Lemon Hotel is located adjacent to the Depot Lodge and down the road from the infamous Swinging Bridge Restaurant and is also available for Executive Retreats and meetings.
“Our meeting rooms offer privacy, a flat screen TV and Zoom Room for up to 12 participants at a long central table, as well as WiFi,” management added.
For more information, call (540) 897- 5070, email [email protected] or visit thelemonhotel.com.
The Hotel notes that it is “the perfect escape to a bygone era with all the luxuries of today.”