The following is a list of forecasted highway projects that may impact traffic traveling in the 12-county Salem Transportation District this week. Work schedules and construction project timelines are always subject to change and weather dependent. New information is noted by “NEW” and updates are noted when a current project has had an update added to the listing.
For the most current traffic and road work information, call 511 or visit www.511virginia.org. On the 511 website, drivers can also sign up to receive personalized traffic alerts, view traffic cameras or download the free Android or iPhone mobile app. You can also follow 511 Twitter feeds for the southwest area of Virginia at @511southwestva or follow @VaDOTSalem for traffic and general information on projects in the Salem District area. The Salem District covers Bedford, Botetourt, Carroll, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Henry, Montgomery, Patrick, Pulaski, and Roanoke.
(NEW) * PAVING OPERATIONS – Weather permitting, crews will pave, patch and repair pavement on various routes. Lane closures may be in place and flaggers may control traffic at times during daylight hours, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Drivers should watch for signs and expect possible delays.
* MOWING, TREE TRIMMING AND BRUSH REMOVAL (VARIOUS ROUTES) – Crews will mow on secondary routes during daylight hours on weekdays. Watch for lane and/or shoulder closures.
* UNPAVED ROAD MAINTENANCE – Crews will be working on various secondary non-hard surface roads grading and replacing stone with periodic lane closures during daylight hours on weekdays. Watch for flaggers controlling traffic.
* DITCHING, GRADING, SLOPE AND SHOULDER REPAIRS (VARIOUS ROUTES) – Lane closures may be in place during daylight hours for shoulder repairs. Watch for flaggers controlling traffic.
* PIPE REPLACEMENTS – Crews will be working on various secondary roads to replace pipes under the roadway with periodic lane closures during daylight hours on weekdays. Watch for flaggers controlling traffic.
· Route 632 (Johns Creek Road)
* DRAINAGE MAINTENANCE – Crews will be working on various secondary roads where drainage issues are present with periodic lane closures during daylight hours on weekdays. Watch for flaggers controlling traffic.