Empowering individuals to Build a Stronger Community
Who said this?
- “…But in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”
- “I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization.”
- “We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.”
- “This is a question too difficult for a mathematician. It should be asked of a philosopher”(when asked about completing his income tax form)”
- “Death, taxes and childbirth! There’s never any convenient time for any of them.
Yes folks, it’s that time of the year again! The Craig County Public Library sees daily traffic from patrons who are filing taxes. Years ago, tax forms were available at libraries and post offices, but now guess where you must to go to get them? Yes, on the internet! For those holding out on learning new technology, this is unfortunate! But, just remember our friendly staff at the library can help you! They will help you find what you need and print out all the forms and instructions you need for free. Of course, library employees are unable to give tax advice, but they do know how to use the computers to help you file taxes, print W-2 forms, and use Turbotax programs found on the internet. And as always, the library computers are programmed for security of any personal information you might enter for payments or tax filing. We hope that we will be able to continue to provide these essential services for the community we all share!
Marge Lewter, Library volunteer
3) Winston S. Churchill
4) Albert Einstein
5) Margaret Mitchell, Author of Gone With the Wind